3) 420 Kemper Rd. and vacant lot
NOTICE OF TRUSTEE’S SALE
420 Kemper Road, Danville, Virginia 24541
PIN Nos. 23797 and 23798
CITY OF DANVILLE, VA
In execution of a credit line deed of trust dated March 4, 2010 (the “Deed of Trust”), recorded in the Office of the Circuit Court of the City of Danville, Virginia, as Instrument No. 10-581, the undersigned substitute Trustees, any or all of whom may act, will offer for sale at the James F. Ingram Justice Center, 401 Patton Street, Danville, Virginia 24543, on December 2, 2020, at 10:00 o’clock a.m., property located at or near 420 Kemper Road, City of Danville, Virginia, which property is more particularly described as follows:
All of those certain lots or parcels of land, together with improvements thereon and appurtenances thereunto belonging, situate in the City of Danville, Virginia, and more particularly described as follows:
Parcel No. 1 - BEGINNING at an iron in the northern margin of Kemper Road, which iron is situate 140 feet east of the intersection of the northern margin of Kemper Road with the eastern margin of Sydnor Street, as shown on the hereinafter described map; thence N. 2° 00' E. 150 feet to an iron in the southern margin of a 15-foot alley; thence S. 88° 00' E. 50 feet to an iron; thence S. 2° 00' W. 150 feet along a hedge and fence line to an iron in the northern margin of Kemper Road; thence along said Kemper Road, N. 88° 00' W. 50 feet to the point of beginning; this being, in fact, the western 40 feet of Lot No. 12, and the eastern 10 feet of Lot No. 14, as shown on Map Showing Survey of Lots for Douglas L. Motley, made by H. S. Peirce, August 31, 1973, recorded in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit Court of Danville, Virginia in Map Book 9, at page 12;
TOGETHER WITH all right, title and interest in and to that fifteen foot alley between Southampton Avenue and Sydnor Street vacated by the City of Danville by Ordinance No. 85-10.1, dated October 1, 1985, recorded in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit Court of Danville, Virginia in Deed Book 716, at page 311.
Parcel No. 2 - (A) Lot No. 14, Block 25, fronting 40 feet on the northern side of Kemper Road (formerly College Avenue) and running back therefrom between parallel lines a distance of 150 feet, as shown on Survey of Lots for Douglas L. Motley, made by H. S. Peirce, dated August 31, 1973, recorded in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit Court of Danville, Virginia in Map Book 9, at page 12.
(B) BEGINNING at an iron located in the northwestern corner of Parcel No. 2(A), described above, thence N. 2° 00' E. 7.50 feet to a point in the middle of the former 15-foot alley, as shown on the aforesaid map; thence S. 88° 00 ' E. 40 feet to a point located 7.50 feet from the northeastern corner of Parcel No. 2(A) above; thence S. 2° 00' E. 7.50 feet to the northwestern corner of Parcel No. 2(A) above; thence N. 88° 00' W. 40 feet to the point and place of beginning.
This sale is subject to all liens, easements, restrictions, conditions, and reservations of record affecting the title to the property hereinabove described, to the extent any of them have priority over the lien of the Deed of Trust.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE:
1. AUCTION: Substitute Trustee has employed an auction company. The successful bidder will be required to execute a Memorandum of Trustee’s Sale outlining additional terms of sale and settlement that will be available for review prior to the announcement of sale. Settlement within thirty (30) days of sale.
2. DEPOSIT: A bidder’s deposit of ten percent (10%) of the successful bid in certified funds (cashier's or certified check) required.
3. ANNOUNCEMENTS: Announcements made on day of sale take precedence over all prior communications, both verbal and written, concerning the sale or the property.
4. BUYER’S PREMIUM: A 10% buyer’s premium will be in effect on day of sale that is added to the high bid amount to determine the contract sales price.
5. “AS-IS”, “WHERE-IS”: The property is being sold “AS-IS”, “WHERE-IS”. Potential buyers must perform such independent investigations with respect to the property as they deem necessary.
6. ADVERTISEMENTS: All information provided by Auction Company and Substitute Trustee is deemed reliable but is not warranted. Information contained in the brochure and any advertisements by Auction Company are subject to verification by all parties relying on it. No liability for its accuracy, error or omission is assumed by Auction Company or Substitute Trustee.
7. REPRESENTATION: Auction Company and its representatives represent the party foreclosing on the property.
8. BID INCREMENTS: Auctioneer reserves the right to set bid increments and to establish the bid sequences for the order of the sale and/or to change both. Lienholders reserve the right to bid at the sale.
Bryson J. Hunter, F. B. Webster Day and Peter M. Pearl, Substitute Trustees
For Information Contact:
Bryson J. Hunter
Spilman Thomas & Battle, PLLC
P.O. Box 90
Roanoke, Virginia 24002